Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Week of Nothing

Pretty much the same around these parts. School is going well, I think. We don't really have grades yet, but I took almost all of my midterms with a B average. I'm trying to hold that average because I want scholarships for next year. I scored a 26 on my ACT and apparently that's good.

Other than that, I'm typing this on my brand new machine I built for the upcoming quarter. Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, and of course Skyrim.

Phenom II X6 1065
Gigabyte 970A Motherboard
1TB Seagate HDD
4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6850
730WATT PSU
and Sunbeam Mid Tower Case to put it all in. My DVD writer wasn't outdated so I kept that, and I also included my optical drive from another computer I had. This system is awesome, but I'm still unsatisfied. I can run Fallout: NV perfectly modded but it still crashes. I'm thinking it's the game's code; very unstable.

And the best part is that I built two of these monsters. My roomate got the same exact parts besides the graphics card. Here's a pic of our desks set up when we put them together last week:

2 comments:

  1. I'm with Nvidia but I only have 3 cores and I only have 500 gb of HDD lol I kind held back on others I'll probably soon add more ram and HDD on it though.

    ReplyDelete